As you can tell, this post is long overdue…. But better late than never!
I’ve been spending a lot of time recently thinking about how the 2019 year went and what I hope to achieve in 2020. Although there were some great things that happened like the birth of my son, there were also some not-so-great moments.
I’ve listed just a few of those great and not-so-greats below:
- Ended year for my business beating our budget
- Welcomed my son, Caius, to our family
- Had a chance to take a small vacation earlier in the year
- Read a handful of books
- Listened to too many podcasts (used to track this data, probably should again)
- Rekindled my love for brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Continued developing my Mandarin language skills
- Unable to build a recurring business (Growthier was still stuck in one-off projects)
- Did not meet minimum hour threshold for Mandarin skills
- Slacked on my Korean studies
- Wasn’t able to code my first program
- Lost 2 customers
Though the year had its ups and downs, I’ve learned a lot from them. My goal is to take these learning opportunities and apply them for 2020. For every down, I’ve put together a process map to determine how I can improve these areas and parts of my life, then applied them to the goals in clickup.
One of my biggest fears in life is staying stagnant, not learning, not growing. Because the day I can’t learn is the day I’ve become complacent. That can’t happen.
So everyday is a day for me to embrace new challenges and learnings. Don’t get me wrong–there are things I still hate to do.
But its those very things that I hate that I know I have to do right away.
Anyways, 2019 was an interesting year and overall I was happy.
Now onto 2020. Let’s get it together. 🍺